Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Perfect Typing Program--Just $10!

The perfect typing program is hard to come by. Especially one that can be used for students in 5th through 8th grade. I like to use a combination and do just that. I find that students get bored with the same program month after month, year after year. For younger students, such as those in 3rd or 4th grade, I use the online "Dance Mat Typing" provided for free from the BBC's website. By 5th grade, kids are ready for something more. I have used various software programs that are quite costly...having to buy a classroom license. They are effective for awhile, but there is that cost, and students get bored. So, this past year, I started creating some short typing activities in Microsoft Word, applying and monitoring them in the classroom, and getting students' feedback about what they liked and didn't like. Hence, a new typing program is in creation as we speak. A program that only requires Microsoft Word. There will be no licensing fees...just a small price tag to buy one downloadable copy to use on as many computers as you like. So, stay tuned...I should be done in a week or two...just in time for the start of school!