Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Back to School--Mouse Skills for Little Ones

I have 2 weeks before heading back to the classroom. Today I have been browsing for easy mouse skills activities for PreK and K. I find that having young students practice very simple mouse skills the first few weeks of school pays off!

Here are a few activities I will use in my computer lab the first week of classes.


    



As I posted last year, this is also a very helpful tip:

L is for Left
This is a fantastic way to help young students learn to hold and use a mouse! I wish I had done it a long time ago. I instruct children to grasp the sides of the mouse with their thumb on the left and their other fingers on the right...then to slip their pointing finger over onto the "L". I have noticed a huge difference in their ability to focus on clicking the left side of the mouse. I used a gold paint pen which dries within seconds.